Japan’s Ohashi achieves a double individual medley with a gold medal in the 200 medal
Japanese golden maiden Yui Ohashi won the women’s 200-meter individual medley final in 2 minutes and 8.52 seconds on Wednesday, her second MI title at the Tokyo Olympics.
Japan’s Daiki Hashimoto wins all-around gold in men’s gymnastics at the Olympics
Japan’s Daiki Hashimoto won the individual gold medal in men’s general gymnastics at the Tokyo Olympics on Wednesday.
Japanese judoka Chizuru Arai wins 70kg gold at Tokyo Olympics
Japanese judoka Chizuru Arai triumphed over Austria’s Michaela Polleres in the final to win gold in the women’s under 70 kg category at the Tokyo Olympics on Wednesday.
Daily COVID-19 cases in Japan surpass 9,000 for the first time amid Olympics
The daily number of COVID-19 cases in Japan topped 9,000 for the first time on Wednesday, with a surge in infections in Tokyo casting a veil on the Olympics and pressuring Prime Minister Yoshihide Suga’s government to it takes stronger countermeasures.
Games organizers admit wasting around 4,000 boxes of food
Tokyo Games organizers admitted on Wednesday that they threw away around 4,000 bento boxes full of food that were to be distributed to volunteers on the day of the opening ceremony.
World No. 1 in men’s badminton Momota leaves group stage
Japan’s Kento Momota, the world’s best badminton player, failed to break out of the men’s singles group stage at the Tokyo Olympics on Wednesday.
MORE HIGHLIGHTS FROM THE TOKYO SUMMER OLYMPIC GAMES
- Japan hit their Tokyo Olympic Men’s Football Quarter-Finals Ticket Rising star Takefusa Kubo continued his streak of goals on Wednesday in an unmistakable 4-0 victory over France.
- The International Tennis Federation announced on Wednesday that it would move the daily start time of all Tokyo Olympic games until 3 p.m. to avoid the worst of the heat.
from Japan Kei Nishikori reached the men’s singles quarter-finals tournament at the Tokyo Olympics on Wednesday, defeating Ilya Ivashka of Belarus in straight sets.
- Long considered a leader in Japanese swimming, Yui Ohashi’s journey to becoming a double Olympic gold medalist Wednesday was not without adversity, with confidence issues jeopardizing his career on numerous occasions.
- Quadruple Olympic gold medalist Simone Biles of the United States has stepped down of the women’s all-around final at the Tokyo Olympics, USA Gymnastics announced on social media on Wednesday.
Japanese starlet Mima Ito stayed the course for a second gold medal in table tennis at the Tokyo Games on Wednesday as the new mixed doubles champion advanced to the women’s singles semi-finals.
- Tomoru Honda swam one last inspired lap to win a silver medal in the men’s 200-meter butterfly at the Tokyo Aquatics Center on Wednesday, setting a personal best in lane eight.
- Yuta Watanabe and Arisa Higashino On Wednesday they moved closer to a medal at the Tokyo Games, becoming the first Japanese duo to reach the semi-finals of an Olympic mixed doubles badminton tournament when they sent out the third seed.
- Samurai Japan rallied for three runs in the ninth inning to beat the Dominican Republic 4-3 in the opening game of the Tokyo Games baseball tournament on Wednesday.
- Japanese Medal contenders Nozomi Okuhara and Akane Yamaguchi won the group stage Wednesday morning, which earned them both a spot in the round of 16 in women’s badminton.
- Sixteen more people associated with the Tokyo Olympics have tested positive for COVID-19, but none are athletes, bringing the total so far this month to 169, the games organizers said on Wednesday.
- Many foreign journalists covering the Tokyo Olympics feel they have no choice but to accept the strict restrictions on COVID-19, recognizing the challenges of conducting such a massive international event under extraordinary circumstances.
GAMES IN PHOTOS
Japan’s Yui Ohashi reacts after winning the women’s 200-meter individual medley event at the Tokyo Olympics on July 28, 2021 at the Tokyo Aquatic Center. (Kyodo) == Kyodo
Japanese pitcher Yukiko Ueno (C) celebrates with teammates after a 2-0 victory over the United States in the gold medal game of the Tokyo Olympic Softball Tournament on July 27, 2021, at Yokohama Baseball Stadium near Tokyo. (Kyodo) == Kyodo
Chen Yuxi and Zhang Jiaqi of China perform on their way to winning gold in the women’s 10-meter synchronized platform diving at the Tokyo Olympics at the Tokyo Aquatic Center in the capital on July 27, 2021. (Kyodo) == Kyodo
Brazil’s Italo Ferreira competes in the men’s surf gold medal match at the Tokyo Olympics on July 27, 2021 at Tsurigasaki Surf Beach in Ichinomiya, Chiba Prefecture, eastern Japan. (Kyodo) == Kyodo
Triathletes compete in the bike stage of the women’s individual triathlon at the Tokyo Olympics on July 27, 2021. (Kyodo) == Kyodo